Sunday, June 7, 2015

Entry 1- Jasper


Yo Eric,

Foundation is defiantly an interesting book and I like the premise that Seldon is trying to save the galaxy not by defeating the bad it like a typical book, but by preserving knowledge. I find the book slightly hard to grasp initially because of the fact its trying to introduce an entire galaxy, it’s advanced technology and some of its history all at once. I know that will go away once I understand the novel better but for now its distracting. I like the imagery of the “blue-white smoke of a gaseous nebula... spreading over a window like distant milk” because it helps me visualize space. I also identify with Gaal Dornick but not because he's new to a situation, but because he is excited and eager to see new places. The idea of space travel is fascinating, but I didn't get how they can just warp speed light years away in a second. So far I think it has potential but I haven't got attached yet.
-Jasper

No comments:

Post a Comment