Thursday, June 4, 2015

Entry #1- Eric

Dear Jasper,
I just read the first couple of chapters of Foundation, and I really find it interesting so far! I find the idea of space travel and Hyper Space to be very interesting as well as the concept of a planet where the people are primarily underground, and rarely go outside except for when they are children. Additionally, I find the mathematics/science of Psychohistory to be interesting thus far, as the ability to  predict the future sounds fascinating, as well as terribly frightening. Gaal Dornick is a character I identify with, as he is the new guy thrown into a potentially perilous situation. I also like Hari Seldon, as he is a scientist and a pragmatist who wishes to preserve thought and culture. What are your thoughts on the book so far?
-Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment